Monday, January 16, 2012

Pete Sampras famous tennis quotations

Today I took my book of tennis quotations and found a couple by Pete Sampras. This guy knows a thing or two about this game ...14 Grand Slams, 6 consecutive years & 286 weeks at no.1, 64 singles titles, 43 million in prize money.

YOU THINK he was competitive ?? Read on ...


Winning is about taking your opponents heart out and squeezing it until all the blood has come out, even the very last drop. There are no prizes for a funny loser.
 Pete Sampras

I don't know why, but I love the dog eat dog nature of tennis. It's real, it's brutal and there's no hiding place, it's like a one-on-one street fight. I love the intensity that comes with knowing you walk off the court a winner or loser. It's daunting but very exciting. There's no one to blame except yourself, no one cares who comes second.
 Pete Sampras

0 comments:

Post a Comment