Thursday, January 26, 2012

Worst anger management issue !


The 2012 Australian Open is coming to an end  and we are down to the finals. Last night I watched a spectacular quarterfinal match between Clisters (WTA #14) and Azarenka (WTA #3). It was a hard fought , all out physical and mental struggle. Azarenka finally prevailed in 3 sets. My man, Federer lost to Nadal in 4 sets in the semis. The time lag make it difficult to watch . Nadal will play the winner of the Murry –Djokovic match. Hope Murry can beat Djock !

Most professional tennis players, do play with class, sportsmanship, and composure. The losing player usually displays respect for oneself and “tennis” in general.
That was not the case with Baghdatis’ opening match against Warinka.
OMG , did he have to do all 4 racquets ? He wound up with a fine and still lost the match in 4 sets. Surprised he didn’t get defaulted.

I must confess, to having of few episodes but nothing close to a Baghdatis moment.
Back in my college tennis days, I threw my racquet into the fence, and it accidentally hit the post and cracked. .My 10 year old son Nick cracked one last month in similar fashion. He now has to work off the replacement cost. Those darn fence posts, they always ruin things….

Last summer, I flung my racquet over the fence and got it stuck in a tree.  No harm done thankfully.
Anger management is a handy skill. Timothy Galloway, author of the 1974 all time best selling mental tennis book, The Inner Game of Tennis,  advises counting to 10 slowly until the moment passes. Don’t know if it works but worth a try :).   

0 comments:

Post a Comment